We will visit in Kruja:
- The Castle
- The Scanderbeg’s Museum
- The Old Bazaar
- Free time for lunch
- About 15.30 transfer to Tirana the capital
We will visit in Tirana:
- The Statue of Gjergj Kastrioti – Scanderbeg
- Tabakeve’s bridge
- Palace of Culture
- Mosque of Haxhi Et’hem Bey
- Sahati (Clock) Tower
- Late in the afternoon accommodation at hotel
- Dinner overnight & free time to enjoy the city on your own
We will visit in Durres:
- The Amphitheater
- The Roman Thermal Bath
- The City walls from Byzantium time
- The Citadel ( Rotonda , Torre )
- Panoramic tour of Durres
We will visit in Berat:
- The Fortress
- The Onufri’s Museum
- The Leaden Mosque
- King’s Mosque
- Bachelor’s Mosque
- Alvati Teke
What to visit in Gjirokastra:
- The Fortress
- The National Weapon ‘s Museum
What to visit in Butrint:
- The Ancient City of Butrinti
- Temple of Aesculapius
- The Baptisery
- Gate with Towers
What to visit in Fier:
- Encircling Wall
- Odeon & Portic
- Mosaics, amphitheatre
- Nympheum (monumental fountain)
- Stoa, canals structure, gymnasium
- Meet the clients at the airport & drive up to Kruja to see this important medieval city in the history of Albania
Kruja - The historic town of Kruja is located 30 km far from Tirana, 45 Km from Durres & 20 minutes by car from the international Airport of Rinas. The town of Kruja rises 560 meters above sea level, on the slopes of Sari -Salltiku Mountain. It provides to the visitors the great view of majestic landscape and a rich collection of historical and cultural objects. The most important is the castle of Kruja, which was built during the 5th and 6th centuries and has an elliptical shape with a total area of 2.25 hectares. The surrounding walls are reinforced by nine towers, which served as an observation and signaling post during times of war with Ottoman Empire. Within the walls of the castle there can still be found the remains of a few houses. Free time for lunch. In the afternoon transfer to Tirana the capital.
Tirana - The capital of Albania from 1920 enjoys a beautiful setting between the ranges of Dajti Mountain from one side and the coastal plains on the other one. Tirana is 110 m above sea level. It is relatively a new city in respect with old cities of Albania, dating from 1st century BC. The average annual temperatures are in July 24°C and in January 7°C. Tirana’s city superficies is 31 km 2. Tirana is the main political, economical & cultural center of Albania.
Late in the afternoon accommodation at hotel. Dinner overnight & free time to enjoy the city on your own.
- Today, after the breakfast we will start our program with a walking tour of Tirana’s main objects in the city center. After the visit of the National Museum, transfer to cable car station to visit Dajti mountain. Free time for traditional lunch at Ballkoni i Dajtit restaurant.The local guide will wait for the group to offer 2-3 hours hiking tour, difficulty: easy – medium. In the afternoon departure to Durres, accommodation & dinner. Free time to explore the city on your own.
This morning we will visit Durres - One of Albania's oldest cities, the country's main sea port, the second largest industrial center after Tirana. Durres lies on a small peninsula on the coast of the Adriatic sea. The city was colonized by the Greeks in 627 B.C. It was named Epidamnos, which later became Dyrrachium. From the Venetian Tower at the harbor the Medieval Town Wall leads to the amphitheater (capacity 15,000 spectators) dating back to the 2nd century AD. and containing an early Christian Crypt with a rare wall mosaic. Between the 1st and 3rd centuries Durres was an important port and trading center on the Via Egnatia trading route between Rome and Byzantium (Istanbul. Today the city is well known for the nearby beach resort of Durres Plazh, its wonderful sand and warm sea water.
We will proceed our way to Berat. Free time for lunch. Arrival in Berat in the afternoon. Visits as described below. Accommodation at hotel. Dinner with local food overnight & free time.
Berat - It is known as the “City of one thousand windows” and is declared a Museum City”. Berat, overshadowed to the east by Tomorr Mountain 2415 m, and is an ancient Illyrian settlement founded in the 4th & 5th centuries B.C. on the territory of the Illyrian tribe of Desarettes. The town is composed of 3 parts; Gorica, situated on the far side of the river; Mangalem, situated on the fortress side of the river and the Residential quarter within the fortress known as KALAJA. The old part of the city has some religious buildings like mosque and Byzantine churches. The old name of the city was Antipatrea.
- After breakfast departure to Gjirokastra. Arrival at Gjirokastra & meeting with our local guide. Departure for the hiking in the area of Cajupi ( Dhembel ). It will take some 4 – 4.30 hours. Difficulty: medium. Picnic lunch will be organized during the tour.In the afternoon back to Gjirokastra, dinner overnight.Free time to enjoy the city on your own.
- This morning we start with visit of Gjirokastra.
Gjirokastra - the "Stone City", situated in the southern part of Albania only 1 hour far from Saranda city, on the eastern slope of mountain Mali i Gjere. It is a commercial center in South Albania, it produces foodstuffs, leather, and textiles. There are several 18th-century mosques and churches and an old citadel (rebuilt in the 19th cent.) in the town. Dating probably from the 4th cent., Gjirokastër passed to the Turks in the 15th cent. It was captured (1811) by Ali Pasha and was the center (late 1800s) of anti-Turkish resistance. In World War II it was occupied by Italy, Greece, and Germany in succession. What strikes the visitors most in Gjirokastra are its typical and characteristic houses which resemble little fortresses, clustered one above the other. Their exterior combines roughness with the beauty of windows, small rooms and light pillars supporting the roofs protruding from the walls. The most attractive feature is the stone which has been masterfully elaborated by the builders. Once Gjirokastra has been called the "city of one thousand steps" or "the stone city"
Departure to Saranda. On the way a short visit of Blu Eye spring.
Saranda - the gateway to the southern Albania, is a small town located between high mountain and the Ionian Sea. The name Saranda derives from an early Christian monastery dedicated to Santi Quaranta (Forty Saints). Located on the shores of Ionian sea, in front of Greek island of Corfu, Saranda is characterized by a Mediterranean climate and warm sea waters. Due to its location and warm weather Saranda is one of the most attractive tourist town in Albanian Riviera, where honeymooners traditionally spend their holidays. Located in front of the sea and along the main promenade there are some hotels and restaurants which offer you catering facilities and accommodation. Daily ferryboat link Saranda with the nearby Greek island of Corfu.
Free time for lunch. After lunch visit of Butrinti - Archaeological Site, perhaps the most romantic archaeological site in Albania. Inhabited since prehistoric times, Butrint has been a Roman city and a bishopric. Following a period of prosperity under Byzantine administration, then a brief occupation by the Venetians, the city was abandoned in the late middle Ages after marshes formed in the area. The present archaeological site is a repository of ruins representing each period in the city's development.
Accommodation in one of the best hotels of Saranda. This dinner will be served in a private restaurant with folk music. Free time to enjoy the city on your own.
- This morning, after the breakfast, departure to National Park of Llogara. We will travel through Albanian Riviera. Short breaks to enjoy the beautiful sceneries of unspoiled sea & information about the small villages we are passing through. Guided by the local guide we will do some hiking with 2 possibilities in the park of Llogara. Difficulty – easy, 1.5 to 2 hours up to Cezar’s spring & medium, 4 – 4.30 up to the peak. Back for typical lunch in the heart of National park of Llogara.
In the afternoon departure to Vlora. A short sightseeing of the most important objects.Accommodation, dinner overnight & free time to walk along the sea.
- After breakfast departure to Apollonia archaeological site.
Archaeological site of Apolonia is situated 12 km far from Fier, near the village of Pojan. Apolonia was founded near 588 B.C. from a Corinthian & Corcyra community. In Roman times, Apolonia was a large prosperous city near the mouth of Vjosa River. A number of important objects & parts of Roman city center are opened to the public. In the ancient city of Apolonia, there is an ancient mosaic with particular values for the visitor, which shows the Achilles image. Unfortunately, some of the statues & other portable objects were removed before 1946 & sent to other countries. The museum of Apolonia is situated on the site of the 13th century Monastery. In the courtyard of the monastery, there is a Byzantine style church of the 14th century. Here , tourists will visit a number of objects. After the visit, departure to Tirana. On the way to Tirana. In the afternoon accommodation at hotel , Dinner will be served in a local restaurant with music.
Breakfast & free time. Departure to Airport, end of the services.
- Hotels offered on HB:
- Tirana: Mak Tirana Hotel & Tower Sky 4*- 2 nights alternative city hotel or similar
- Durres: Hotel Arvi 4*- 1 night
- Berat: Hotel Hotel Mangalemi or Antipatrea 4*- 1 nate
- Gjirokaster: Hotel Argjiro 4*- 1 night
- Saranda: Hotel Butrinti 5*- 1 night
- Vlora: Hotel Vlora International 5*- 1 night
- Englishspeaking guide during all the tour in Albania & local guides in Dajti mountain , Dhembel ( Cajupi mountain ) & Llogara
- -English speaking guide :
- -City sightseeing of Tirana
- -City sightseeing of Kruja
- -City sightseeing of Durres
- -City sightseeing of Vlora
- -City sightseeing of Saranda
- -City sightseeing of Gjirokastra
- -City sightseeing of Berat
- -Entrance fees :
- -Castle, & Scanderbeg’s Museum in Kruja
- -Amphitheatre & archeological museum in Durres
- -National museum in Tirana
- -Cable car in Dajti mountain
- -Onufri’s Museum & castle in Berat
- -Archaeological site of Apolonia
- -Archaeological site of Butrinti
- -Fortress & National Museum of Weapons in Gjirokastra